Rafting in the Osumi Canyons
Monument of Nature – If you’ve got a taste for adventure and you are curious about wild Albania, join us! We depart from the beautiful UNESCO heritage city of Berat and head out across the wilderness of the Osumi Canyons in Skrapar.
General Trip Information
- Typical class of water III
- Best season to experience February – June
- Level of difficulty (1-5) 2
For the present activity you should love the outdoors, own good health condition and have consulted the doctor during the year. Kids over 5 years old are very welcomed from May to June.
Previous experience or skill is not required.
If you’ve got a taste for adventure and you are curious about wild Albania, join us! We depart from the beautiful UNESCO heritage city of Berat and head out across the wilderness of the Osumi Canyons in Skrapar.
Rafting will provide magnificent scenery as you float by the Canyon walls and will certainly make for a memorable experience. Eight waterfalls, a cathedral, the unspoiled nature, and the soothing sounds of running water combine to create a truly unique trip.
Distance from nearest airport: 126 km (Mother Teresa Airport, Tirana, Albania)
Destination Profile: Adventure, Culture, Nature
Visitor’s Profile: Nature loving, explorer, fond of authenticity and tradition
I. Natural: Canyons, mountains, waterfalls
II. Well-being: Sport
III. Cultural: Illyrian and Medieval castles, churches, mosques, medieval bridges, Albanian gastronomy, ethnography, folklore
Profile Activity: Eco -tourism
- Rafting in the mighty Osumi Canyons
- Sightseeing of waterfalls
- Unspoiled nature
- Local lunch
Rafting trips in Albania do not provide high level of difficulty, but every visitor should consider:
- Be healthy and have consulted the doctor during the year.
- In absolute terms, the person should not have diseases and complications following:
- Cardiac disease of any kind
- Flake out or lose of feeling of any kind
- Problems of the spine and muscular system that reduce the physical possibility of safety.
- Problems with breathing apparatus
- Nerve Problems
- Problems with eyes (severe myopia, retinal detachment, glaucoma)
- Be under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs, drugs, alcohol.
There are no limits of age and weight for the low levels: Class II (May – June)