Rafting in the wild Vjosa river, Permet
Rafting on Vjosa River, one of Europe’s last free-flowing rivers, is a class III rafting. Prepare for waves up to four feet and narrow passages that send the boat shimmying and water gushing over the sides. Vjosa river’s entire 270km course is wild and untamed and adorned with beautiful canyons, braided river sections, islands and oxbows.
Destination Profile: Adventure, Culture, Nature
Visitor’s Profile: Nature loving, explorer, fond of authenticity and tradition
I. Natural: Canyons, mountains, waterfalls
II. Well-being: Sport
III. Cultural: Illyrian and Medieval castles, churches, mosques, medieval bridges, Albanian gastronomy, ethnography, folklore
Profile Activity: Eco -tourism
- Rafting in the wild Vjosa river
- Unspoiled nature
- Local lunch
- HYDROSPEED IN VJOSA RIVER – THE BLUE HEART OF EUROPE
- RIVER HIKING IN THE LENGARICA CANYON AND THERMAL BATHS OF BENJA PERMET (ON FOOT)
General Trip Information:
- Typical class of water III
- Best season to experience March – November
- Level of difficulty (1-5) 2
For the present activity you should love the outdoors, own good health condition and have consulted the doctor during the year. Kids over 5 years old are very welcomed from June to November.
Previous experience or skill is not required.
Rafting trips in Albania do not provide high level of difficulty, but every visitor should consider:
- Be healthy and have consulted the doctor during the year.
- In absolute terms, the person should not have diseases and complications following:
- Cardiac disease of any kind
- Flake out or lose of feeling of any kind
- Problems of the spine and muscular system that reduce the physical possibility of safety.
- Problems with breathing apparatus
- Nerve Problems
- Problems with eyes (severe myopia, retinal detachment, glaucoma)
- Be under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs, drugs, alcohol.
There are no limits of age and weight for the low levels: Class II (June – November)